We respect your right to privacy. Visitors are advised that each time they visit a website, two general levels of information about their visit can be retained.
- The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site.
- The second is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about:
- The number of people who visit this website
- The number of people who return to this site
- The pages that they visit
- Where they were before they came to this site
- The page in the site at which they exited
This information helps us monitor traffic on our website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Through this website you may have an opportunity to send us information, such as through the email in the ‘contact us’ page or any other area where you may send e-mails, provide feedback, etc. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by this site for:
- The purposes for which it was provided by you
- Verification purposes and statistical analysis
- Marketing and administration purposes
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is information that is associated with your name or personal identity. This Website does not collect any personal data about you, apart from information which you volunteer (for example, by emailing us). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by this Website only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
Collection and use of non-personal information:
Non personal information is classed as data collected for statistical purposes which is not associated with a specific identity. This Website collects and analyses technical information in order to evaluate our Website. The type of technical information we log is confined to the following:
- The IP address* of the visitor’s Web server
- The top-level domain-name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The pages visited on the this site Website, i.e. URL’s** visited
- The previous Website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this Website (for example, pages accessed)
* An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
** A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- Review or adjust your cookie settings
What are cookies?
Cookies are often known as browser cookies or tracking cookies. These cookies are small encrypted text files stored in browser directories. Like other web servers, we also place these cookies on your device to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
The main purpose of placing these cookies is to provide you better user experience on our website. These cookies are used in the following ways:
- To understand user behaviour on how you use our website
- To keep track of user visits and activities
- To keep you signed in, where applicable
What type of cookies do we use?
There are many types of cookies, however, our website uses only the cookie types outlined below:
These cookies are essential for the basic functions of the website or to provide the product, service or content requested by you. Without these cookies, we will not be able to provide you the services or information asked for. These cookies also enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. These cookies are set to provide better services that we have added to our pages.
There are three necessary cookies in use on the Housing Training portal. They are:
Purpose: PHP generic session cookie
Purpose: This cookie records your GDPR cookie consent preferences
Expiry: 1 Year
Purpose: Used as part of the login function, this cookie checks to see if cookie functionality is enabled in your web browser
Expiry: 1 Year
The website uses this type of cookies to collect information about your visits to our website so that we can gather metrics on site usage including the number of visitors, frequently visited pages, time spent on the web site, links clicked and other information about your browser, IP address, device, location. They do not store personal data but store info of your browser and internet device.
There are three analytics cookies in use on the Housing Training portal. They are:
Purpose: Google Universal Analytics long-time unique user tracking identifier
Expiry: 2 Years
Purpose: Google Universal Analytics short-time unique user tracking identifier
Expiry: 1 Day
Purpose: Google Analytics tracking cookie
Review or adjust your cookie settings
You can review and adjust your cookie settings at any time by clicking on the small “Review Cookie Settings” tab that appears onscreen. This allows you to reset your cookie preferences for the site.
Our Service Providers
This web site is maintained and managed by the Housing Agency in collaboration with service providers of training and events.
53 Mount Street Upper, Dublin 2, Ireland.
T: +353 1 656 4100