Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the portal and its content. The questions are listed out below. To view the answer to each, just click on the question itself.
What is the Housing Training Network?
The Housing Training Network is a group of organisations that provide housing related training, education, resources, and events. The network maintains this website to provide housing professionals with information on upcoming training programmes, education courses, and events. You can find more information about the members of the Network by clicking each of their logos under ‘Our Service Providers’ at the bottom of this page.
Who in Ireland provides general housing training programmes?
Our service providers organise a variety of training courses on housing-related topics. These range from general introduction/ overview programmes, to specialised workshops on particular topics. For upcoming training programmes and a directory of previously organised training programmes, please see the ‘Training Programmes’ section of the website.
Are accredited education courses in Housing Studies available in Ireland?
- Certificate in Housing Studies, Institute of Public Administration, QQI Level 6
- Professional Diploma in Housing Studies, Institute of Public Administration, QQI Level 8
- Certificate in Housing, ICSH/ CIH, UK Level 4 (QQI Level 6 equivalent)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Homeless Prevention and Intervention, DCU/ DRHE, QQI Level 8
- Effective Management in Homeless Services Module, DCU/ DRHE, QQI Level 8
Is funding available to undertake accredited education courses in Housing Studies?
Yes, funding is available for individuals applying to undertake accredited education courses in Housing Studies.
The Housing Agency runs an annual Housing Education Bursary Scheme, which is open to individuals applying to the IPA’s Certificate in Housing Studies and Professional Diploma in Housing Studies, and the ICSH/ CIH Certificate in Housing. Scheme details, including the application form, are released annually in advance of the application deadlines for the relevant courses, and will be advertised on this website. More information can be found in the ‘education courses’ section of the website
Do you have a newsletter? How can I be put on the list?
Yes, the Housing Training Network distributes a regular newsletter with updates on housing training and education opportunities. You can sign up for the newsletter using the box located on this page, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Create an account
Unlock more site functions and save yourself time on your next visits by creating an account with us.
Sign up for our newsletter
Our Service Providers
Our Service Providers
- Institute of Public Administration
- Chartered Institute of Housing
- Residential Tenancies Board
- Irish Council for Social Housing
- Housing Agency
- Dublin Region Homeless Executive
- Approved Housing Bodies Regulatory Authority
- Local Government Management Agency
- The Land Development Agency
- Office of the Planning Regulator